Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life Imitates Art

I was admitted on Friday, making my first official court appearance applying to become a barrister and solicitor. The ceremonial circumstances called for the wig and gown, and it was so worth it. I can now officially call myself a real lawyer, officer of the court, barrister and solicitor, or the many other titles it bestows. It was magnificent.

It also meant my Friday night was massive, flowing on from my Friday afternoon celebrations. I'm surprised I'm able to function this time of night on a Saturday following more celebrations and fun. I guess alcohol can have that affect.

In any event the weekend has been a blast so far, and although there's been a couple of hiccups (on other people's part) it's been great and I have no real cause for complaint. The line from Batman Begins strikes me as poignant about now: "start pretending having fun, and who knows, you might have a little by accident".

One week left in Wellington, and I intend to use it well.

2 comments:

infohaas said...

Thumbs up and congratulations - I'm really happy for you!

All the best for moving to AKL and I hope we gonna see each other soon back in NZ or here in Europe.

Take care and greetings from Hamburg

Andi

PVM said...

Looks amazing :). Congratulations ^_^!!!!