Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wellington

Working in a high flying job may be all well and good. But I don't get to enjoy regional public holidays. I missed Auckland Anniversary Weekend because I had to be in Wellington for work. Not that I'm complaining too much. I got to go to the Wellington Cup. Along with 27,999 other people.


It was good times, though when the crowd really became too much we departed back to the city. And I'm glad we did. Apparently a later train back ended up being stuck for 30 minutes, doors closed, inadequate ventilation, crowded and stuffy. Not to mention unbelievably hot.

The other good thing about going to Wellington, other than catching up with as many friends as possible because that's a given, is visiting my dealer - Melting Perfection. Damn that stuff is good. And like a good addict, I'm getting my friends hooked so I don't feel so bad about it. I've successfully turned a couple of people at work. One of the partners will be next.

And yes, I know. I still need to post those promised photos from New Years.

No comments: