Saturday, September 27, 2008

La Cigale

Serendipity called back.  Patience seems to have more payoffs than I initially realised; still not 100% sold on the idea though.  Patience that is.  Tangents aside, it was lovely and another date is lined up for mid next week.  I have an idea of where to go, it'll just be about sorting out.  I don't like being carless, it makes me feel a little inadequate at these times.

Now onto something completely different.  I highly recommend that if you're ever in Auckland on a Saturday morning, you make the trip down to the French markets in Parnell.  The food there is divine: whitebait fritters, bundles of asparagus, fresh peppers, crisp apples, crepes, beautiful meat, and that's just some of the stuff I purchased.  There's also some amazing looking bread, herbs, flowers (yes, I've noted those for future reference), coffee, spices, and more.

Oh, and there's little mini tarts of the lemon, passionfruit, and strawberry with chocolate.  They are meltingly sumptuous.

I'll gladly take any visitors there.

1 comment:

PVM said...

Sounds like the food markets in Greece. Little bit of everything you could want all appetizingly displayed for you to ponder.